Auditions: October 7th & 8th at 7:00P.M.
Clear Creek Community Theatre in Nassau Bay, TX announces #auditions for our Christmas production of Miracle on 34th Street.
This is a tale that we want to believe in, that creates a world we seem to desperately desire, free of the blatant commercialism that surrounds us, where love and decency and generosity of spirit are their own rewards.
By chance Kris Kringle, an old man in a retirement home, gets a job working as Santa for Macy’s. Kris unleashes waves of good will with Macy’s customers and the commercial world of New York City by referring parents to other stores to find exactly the toy their child has asked for. Seen as deluded and dangerous by Macy’s vocational counselor, who plots to have Kris shanghaied to Bellevue Psychiatric Hospital. Kris ends up in a court competency hearing. Especially at stake is one little girl’s belief in Santa.
Miracle on 34th Street is a heart warming holiday story. Its what we all want Christmas to be about.
CAST OF CHARACTERS
- Doctor Pierce – physician at Maplewood Home
- Kris Kringle – Santa Claus
- Bag Lady – at the Thanksgiving Day parade
- Rich Person – at the Thanksgiving Day parade
- Shellhammer – Mrs. Walker’s assistant
- Doris Walker – personnel manager at Macy’s
- Susan Walker – Doris’ daughter ( age 7)
- Fred Gayley – a lawyer, neighbor and friend to Doris and Susan
- Drunken Santa – employee of Macy’s
- Macy – owner and manager of Macy’s Department Store
- Sawyer – Macy’s vocational guidance counselor
- Bloomingdale – owner and manager of Bloomingdale’s Deaprtment store
- Judge Harper – of the New York state court
- Finley – baliff in Judge Harper’s court
- Mara – prosecuting attorney
- Halloran – Judge Harper’s political campaign manager
- Duncan – antelope keeper at the Central Park Zoo
- Mara Jr. – prosecuting attorney’s child
- Al and Lou – postal employees
- Elves – 4 – 8
- Children – 3
- Teenagers- 3
- Parents – 3
- Pedestrians, Shoppers, Postal baggers – 3 or more
Many roles can be played by male or female actors
We are always looking for technicians and stage hands to join our theatre, if you are interested in working behind the scenes please feel free to come out and talk to us.
CREW MEMBERS & NEWBIES:
CCCT prides itself as being a place for people who have always wanted to get involved in theatre but never had the chance. We often cast people with little experience – our job is to serve our community by providing an artistic release for everyone. We’d love to have you join us
Audition nights are a perfect time to come out, meet the director, and express your interest in helping out backstage, be it in the role of a stage manager, lights & sound operator, concessions, or whatever else you might like to do.
“Clear Creek has a great depth of talent in its acting pool and it’s always good to see all roles, large and small, performed to a high standard.”
Shannon Caldwell , The Galveston Daily News