VIRTUAL OPEN AUDITIONS
Sunday Nov. 22 & Monday Nov. 23
7pm to 9pm
The production is scheduled to be performed before a live audience (limited attendance based on COVID-19 guidelines) at the Bayou Theatre at the University of Houston at Clear Lake January 8 – 17th.
Rehearsals will be held virtually and in person at the CCCT rehearsal facility (following COVID-19 safety precautions) in Nassau Bay.
An announcement in the local paper states the time and place when a murder is to occur in Miss Blacklock’s Victorian house. The victim is not one of the house’s several occupants, but an unexpected and unknown visitor. What follows is a classic Christie puzzle of mixed motives, concealed identities, a second death, a determined Inspector grimly following the twists and turns, and Miss Marple on hand to provide the final solution. at some risk to herself in a dramatic confrontation.
- JULIA SIMMONS (F – early 20s) a lovely, but sarcastic young woman staying at her cousin’s house with her equally caustic brother.
- LETITIA BLACKLOCK (F ) an older woman, still retaining her beauty; calm, collected, and a soothing influence to all.
- DORA BUNNER (F ) Letitia’s oldest friend, somewhat dotty and confused, but with a wicked streak.
- PATRICK SIMMONS (M – 20s-30s) Julia’s older brother; witty, sarcastic — a man of thoughts, not action.
- MITZI (F ) the eccentric, excitable, paranoid middle-European maid; requires a Russian, Hungarian, or otherwise unrecognizable accent.
- MISS MARPLE (F ) Letitia’s neighbor and amateur sleuth; much more intelligent than she appears.
- PHILLIPA HAYMES (F ) Letitia’s mysterious boarder; beautiful, secretive, and somewhat aggressive.
- MRS. SWETTENHAM (F ) Another neighbor; snobby, curious, and overbearing.
- EDMUND SWETTENHAM (M ) Mrs. Swettenham’s privileged son; condescending upper-class type.
- RUDI SCHERZ (M – teens-60s) the mysterious stranger; heavy, unrecognizable accent; small role.
- INSPECTOR CRADDOCK (M ) the police inspector… you know the type.
- SERGEANT MELLORS (M) Craddock’s cohort; small role
Zoom information and sides will be sent upon receipt of form.
Contact: email@example.com for additional information.
CREW MEMBERS & NEWBIES:
CCCT prides itself as being a place for people who have always wanted to get involved in theatre but never had the chance. We often cast people with little experience – our job is to serve our community by providing an artistic release for everyone. We’d love to have you join us.
Audition nights are a perfect time to come out, meet the director, and express your interest in helping out backstage, be it in the role of a stage manager, lights & sound operator, concessions, or whatever else you might like to do.
“Clear Creek has a great depth of talent in its acting pool and it’s always good to see all roles, large and small, performed to a high standard.”
Shannon Caldwell , The Galveston Daily News